In the 1950’s the vicar Bryant Bevan bought a disused Methodist Chapel and field in the centre of the village for the use of the Parish Church. Its many additions tell the story of its growing use and popularity. In the 1970s the then vicar Cyril Harris and others saw the need for a centre of worship in the middle of the Village and developed regular Sunday services in St Andrew’s with the main hall being used by many community groups. Since then the building has been enlarged still further, and developed as a resource for the village. It is now the informal venue for most of our family-orientated services and for our Junior Church.
During the week part of the building is open as a Coffee Shop. In 2010 a new Youth Hall was added to the building as a venue for the Stoke Poges uniformed groups and the Youth Club.
The St Andrew’s Centre is available for Hire, please contact Harvey Whitten Lettings Manager Tel: 01753 642873 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to become involved in any aspect of the life of our churches please visit the Volunteers pages of the website.
View St Andrew’s Church Centre in a larger map.